Lane Head Road, Shepley, Huddersfield, HD8 8BW
- VICTORIAN VILLA
- 4 DOUBLE BEDROOMS + SEVERAL ATTIC ROOMS
- WEALTH OF CHARM AND CHARACTER WITH MANY ORIGINAL FEATURES
- 3 RECEPTION ROOMS
- BESPOKE DINING KITCHEN
- HOUSE BATHROOM & JACK & JILL EN SUITE
- DOUBLE GARAGE & AMPLE OFF STREET PARKING
- LARGE PRIVATELY ENCLOSED GARDENS
- STABLE BLOCK AND ADDITIONAL PADDOCK IDEAL FOR THE EQUESTRIAN
- CLOSE TO LOCAL AMENITIES, SCHOOLS & OPEN COUNTRYSIDE
SIMPLY STUNNING … OCCUPYING AN OUTSTANDING POSITION WITHIN GROUNDS IN EXCESS OF ONE ACRE IS THIS BEAUTIFUL FOUR DOUBLE BEDROOM HOME WITH SEVERAL ADDITIONAL ATTIC ROOMS, OFFERING A WEALTH OF CHARM AND CHARACTER, FEATURING SPACIOUS ACCOMMODATION, LARGE PRIVATE GARDENS, AMPLE OFF STREET PARKING, DOUBLE GARAGE, STABLE BLOCK AND AN ADDITIONAL PADDOCK.
WOW WOW WOW MUST BE SEEN TO BE APPRECIATED ...… OCCUPYING AN OUTSTANDING POSITION WITHIN GROUNDS IN EXCESS OF ONE ACRE IS THIS BEAUTIFUL FOUR DOUBLE BEDROOM VICTORIAN HOME WITH SEVERAL ADDITIONAL ATTIC ROOMS, OFFERING A WEALTH OF CHARM AND CHARACTER, FEATURING SPACIOUS ACCOMMODATION, LARGE PRIVATE GARDENS, AMPLE OFF STREET PARKING, DOUBLE GARAGE, STABLE BLOCK AND AN ADDITIONAL PADDOCK.
The sellers view of their home;
“We have lived at Carlton Bank House for eleven years and can honestly say that we have loved being here. The only reason that we are looking to sell our beautiful home is to downsize. Having lovingly and sympathetically restored both internally and externally we truly believe our house would make a fabulous family home with plenty of room to grow. On a sunny bright day, we have several areas in our extensive garden to relax, be it by the pond, or one of the other areas with seating.”
“The house was used as a convalescent home for the injured soldiers during the war and we are sure that they would have recovered speedily sitting in the grounds or in one of the large reception rooms, where the daylight floods through the large windows.”
An original hard wood, part glazed entrance door opens into an entrance vestibule, having a secondary part glazed door giving access into the main entrance hallway. The impressive main entrance hallway has a stunning wrought iron rail and timber balustrade staircase curving up to the first-floor landing, original coving and ceiling roses to the ceiling and gives access to three reception rooms and a large dining kitchen. To the front elevation of the property are two large reception rooms, one of which is used as a formal dining room, having original coving to the ceiling, a focal point fireplace with a living flame gas fire, a large picture window and original polished floorboards. The main reception room is located to the left elevation of the property, having dual aspect windows providing natural light within and a focal point inglenook style fireplace with a multi fuel burning stove set within an original fire surround. The third reception room is presented to the side and rear elevation of the property, it is a versatile room, currently used as a snug and features an original style fireplace with a living flame gas fire and fitted cupboards to either side of the chimney breast. The dining kitchen is presented to the rear elevation, is beautifully presented and features an array of bespoke fitted kitchen units with solid wood doors and complimentary granite work surfaces incorporating a Belfast sink unit with taps over. There are a range of integrated appliances and the kitchen also features a range style oven and hob with an overhead extractor that is available to purchase under separate negotiation. There is an additional central island unit, laminate flooring, ample space for a dining table, a large inglenook style feature fireplace with a multi fuel burning stove set within and double-glazed windows overlooking the rear garden. A secondary door out of the kitchen towards the entrance hallway gives access to the utility space, featuring wall and base unit providing ample additional storage, space for secondary appliances and houses the house boiler, from here you have access to the ground floor W.C., comprising of a Victorian style low flush W.C. and pedestal wash hand basin.
At first floor level the large galleried landing area gives access to four generous double bedrooms, the house bathroom and a Jack and Jill style shower room. Bedroom one is presented to the front elevation and features a large bay style window with a pleasant aspect providing natural light within. There is original coving to the ceiling and access to the Jack and Jill en-suite which features a Victorian style low flush W.C., pedestal wash hand basin, heated towel radiator and an oversized step in shower cubicle with a plumbed in shower. There is part tiling to the walls, vinyl finish to the floor, coving to the ceiling and a front facing window. There are three further double bedrooms, one located to the front elevation and two located to the rear. The second bedroom to the front elevation features a range of fitted wardrobe furniture, a vanity sink unit with storage cupboards beneath and original coving. Bedroom three is located to the rear features fitted wardrobe furniture, a vanity area with a pedestal sink unit and coving to the ceiling. Bedroom four is a rear facing room overlooking the house grounds and features coving to the ceiling. The house bathroom boasts a jacuzzi style panel bath with central taps and showerhead attachment over, a pedestal wash hand basin and a step in corner shower cubicle with a plumbed in shower. There is a separate W.C. The bathroom has a frosted window, heated towel rail, part tiling to the walls and a fitted storage cupboard. The first floor has a further staircase rising to the second floor where there is a large open landing area which is currently used as a home office space. There are several further rooms on this level which are versatile in use and could be used as further bedrooms, even a teenage suite, or for storage purposes.
This property offers a versatile option should you want to use the spacious accommodation as a guest house, B&B, or team rooms, subject to the necessary planning consent.
If you would like to arrange to view, or have your property appraised please give us a call on 01226 414 150
• MAIN RECEPTION ROOM/LOUNGE
• 2ND RECEPTION ROOM/DINING ROOM
• 3RD RECEPTION ROOM/SNUG
• DINING KITCHEN
• UTILITY ROOM
• DOWNSTAIRS W.C.
• LANDING AREA
• BEDROOM 1
• JACK & JILL ENSUITE
• BEDROOM 2
• BEDROOM 3
• BEDROOM 4
• HOUSE BATHROOM
• SEPARATE W.C.
• LANDING AREA
• OFFICE SPACE
• SEVERAL VERSATILE ATTIC ROOMS
• Externally approached from the front elevation via electrically operated wrought iron rail gates which gives access onto a tarmac driveway leading to the detached double garage, plus gives access to the front, side and rear of the property. In addition to the front elevation is a pedestrian wrought iron rail gate with a pathway providing access to the front lawn grass gardens and the front door. To the rear of the property is a detached double garage, having electrically operated doors with an additional large parking apron located to the rear of the property. To the rear elevation are steps leading up onto the extensive, beautifully manicured tree lined and private gardens, with a timber-built storage shed being versatile in use. Of interest to the equestrian person there is stable block incorporating a tack room within an enclosed gated yard, at the rear of the double garage. With a large paddock to the left of the property, with its own gated access.
PLEASE NOTE: THESE ARE DRAFT BROCHURE DETAILS AWAITING FINAL APPROVAL BY THE SELLER.
COUNCIL TAX BANDING;
We understand the council tax band to be F. (SOURCE: GOV.CO.UK)
Mains water. Mains gas. Mains electric. Mains drainage.
We at Mallinson & Co are confidently adhering to the government guidelines in connection to the covid-19 pandemic, should you wish to see a copy of our procedure please ask a member of the team.
1. PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTION ACT 1967 & 1991: We endeavour to make the details and measurements as accurate as possible. However, please take them as indicative only, made as a result of a visual inspection of the property and from information supplied by the vendor.
2. MEASUREMENTS are taken with an electronic device. If you are ordering carpets or furniture, we would advise that the details are checked to your personal satisfaction by taking your own measurements upon viewing.
3. No services, apparatus, equipment, fixtures or fittings have been tested by Mallinson and Co so we cannot verify that they are in working order or fit for purpose. A Buyer is advised to obtain verification from their own Tradesperson, Surveyor or Solicitor.
4. References to the Tenure of a Property are based on information supplied by the Seller. Mallinson & Co has not had sight of the title documents and has not checked the tenure or the boundaries with the Land registry. A Buyer is advised to obtain verification from their own Solicitor. Mallinson and Co accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions.
5. MONEY LAUNDERING: We may ask for further details regarding proof of your identification and proof of funds after receiving your offer on a property. Please provide these in order to reduce any delay.